Saturday, May 24, 2008

I LEFT THIS SPACE FOR YOU.

I still don’t understand how we’ve managed to grow this far apart. I know it is I who moved and not you. I’m trying to retrace my steps, but it’s so hard, I need you to help me.

Life was so much fun when I was around you. When we were best friends. There wasn’t a thing I couldn’t share. How I loved you! And you me!

Then things started to happen, and I stopped believing in the miracle of our friendship. Gradually, I began to be convinced that I really didn’t need to show much I need you, that you’d always be there.

Now I know I was wrong. I took you for granted. I took your love for granted. I am so sorry.

I have realized that the major reason why I want you back is because I need you, it’s selfish, I know, and I am truly ashamed of myself. You do not need me as much as I need you. I shouldn’t really matter that much to you but day by day, you show me - in many ways - that you’re there for me. I know for a fact that you will keep your promise to never leave my alone…always and forever.

I’m really ashamed to ask any favor of you cos I remember a time when it wasn’t only you that gave. I remember a time when I made you happy, when I gave – and generously so.

I loved you. I loved you back with all of my heart and you were so good to me (not that you’ve stopped). That’s how it should have stayed.


But then, I began to share your love with others. I completely regret it. I have learned the hard way that people change; one day they like you, the next they don’t. Not everyone, in fact, no one can love me like you do, unconditionally, holding nothing back.

Once again, I want it all, all the loving kindness I stupidly threw away. I know you are so merciful, I guess that’s why I was so laid back about messing things up between us over and over again.

I have learnt so many things about you these past couple of years. I believe we can be together again. I know I’ll be able to maintain a wonderful friendship with you- just like old times.

I miss you so much. I whisper to you everyday, but I wonder if you can hear me. It’s only with your help that I can stay so close to you forever.

I love you God, let’s be together again…please.

1 comment:

rethots said...

Beautiful, magnifique!

You should go read the male version "...at different times" on www.rethots.wordpress.com