Tuesday, April 8, 2008

An effort made for the happiness of others lifts us above ourselves


i found a tiny starfish
in a tidepool by the sand.
i found a tiny starfish
and put him in my hand.

an itty-bitty starfish
no bigger than my thumb,
a wet and golden starfish
belonging to no one.

i thought i would take him
from the tidepool by the sea,
and bring him home to give to you
a loving gift from me.

but as i held my starfish,
his skin began to dry.
without his special seaside home,
my gift to you would die.

i found a tiny starfish
in a tidepool by the sea.
i hope whoever finds him next
will leave him there, like me!

and the gift i saved for you?
the best tha t i can give:
i found a tiny starfish,
and for you, i let him live.



Chicken Soup for the Kid's Soul.



...to my bestest nearest and dearest friend ( u know urself :-) ), you make life easier...something to look forward to. there's so many things i'd do for you, but that's only if i could. may God bless you plenty plenty.
Thank you for you.

No comments: